- Notability For iPad: Much More Than A Note Taking App from Ginger Labs, Inc, US$0.99
- Scosche’s RH656m Headphones With Microphone Are Wonderful from Scosche, US$129.99
- IPEVO’s Typi Folio Case & Keyboard for iPad is First-rate from IPEVO, US$79.99
- Scosche’s boomSTREAM BT Speaker: Features & Compromises from Scosche, US$99.95
- FX Photo Studio HD: iPad Painting of Effects Made Easy from MacPhun LLC, US1.99
Go Away White is an album I've been waiting more than 20 years to hear, and the good news is that it was worth the wait. The latest -- and last, no...for real this time -- album from
- The Dresden Dolls
The energetic duet of Amanda Palmer and Brian Viglione that make up the Dresden Dolls have created a wonderfully haunting sound in their self-titled album. They have been able to construct an imme
- The Church
Another of my all-time favorites, Priest = Aura is one of those rare albums where every song is simply fantastic, and a testament to how good pop-rock can be.
Each song immediatel
- Modern Lovers
This timeless masterpiece is little known, but it has inspired almost as many bands as The Modern Lovers' own inspiration -- and only slightly better known -- The Velvet Underground & Nico.
- The Damned
- Punk rock is mostly associated with three chords and a bad attitude, but the Damned were one of the few bands of the era bent on bringing musicianship and a good sense of humor to the scene. And while
Visit Deals On The Web for the best deals on all consumer electronics, iPods, and more!
App Store: 1st Weekend Downloads Hit 10M
Sunday, July 13th, 2008 at 4:00 PM - by Jeff Gamet
Apples App Store, the companys service for downloading third-party iPhone and iPod touch applications, shot out of the gate with over 10 million downloads in its first weekend. The App Store went online on Thursday, July 10, with over 500 applications available and by Monday, July 14, that number had jumped up over 800.
Apple CEO Steve Jobs commented "The App Store is a grand slam, with a staggering 10 million applications downloaded in just three days."
The iTunes Store-like service hosts games, productivity apps, business tools, location-based social networking applications, and more. Some of the top selling applications from the weekend include Super Monkey Ball, Texas Holdem, MLB.com At Bat, and Cro-Mag Rally. The most downloaded free apps included Remote, AIM, WeatherBug, PhoneSaber and AOL Radio.
The App Store requires an iPhone, iPhone 3G, or iPod touch with Software version 2.0 and iTunes 7.7. Users can download applications with iTunes, or from their handheld device.
If downloads keep up with the first weekends pace, Apples App Store will likely prove to be a resounding success.
- Reading, Writing, & Saving the World
- Free Retro Gaming for iOS - Activision’s Kaboom!
- Apple Adds Chomp Bits to iOS 6 App Store Discovery
- Notability For iPad: Much More Than A Note Taking App
- Scosche’s RH656m Headphones With Microphone Are Wonderful
- Tim Cook & Larry Page Reportedly Discuss Patents
- Analysis: Amazon Kindle Fire Sold Out, Kindle Fire 2 Pic Leaked