- Notability For iPad: Much More Than A Note Taking App from Ginger Labs, Inc, US$0.99
- Scosche’s RH656m Headphones With Microphone Are Wonderful from Scosche, US$129.99
- IPEVO’s Typi Folio Case & Keyboard for iPad is First-rate from IPEVO, US$79.99
- Scosche’s boomSTREAM BT Speaker: Features & Compromises from Scosche, US$99.95
- FX Photo Studio HD: iPad Painting of Effects Made Easy from MacPhun LLC, US1.99
- We all know it, right? Well, ya just gotta have it. 2112 finally showed Rush out on their own, doing their own thing, and doing it well, IMHO.
- Miles Davis
- The jazz album to end all jazz albums. Miles Davis and John Coltrane and Cannonball Adderly and the list goes on. The who's who of who's who in jazz have assembled for this monumental record. Get this
- Massive Attack
"Black Milk" knocks me off my feet in this collection of moody and eclectic songs. Massive Attack uses samples and keyboards in a very unique way, but not all the songs pack the same punch.
- Jesus Jones
When you think of Jesus Jones, chances are you can't remember them at all, or you vaguely remember "Right Here, Right Now" because it has been use
- Harvey Danger
The sophomore effort from Harvey Danger, I was really looking forward to this followup to "Where Have All the Merrymakers Gone?" Unfortunately, "King James Version" failed to deliver any of the bri
Visit Deals On The Web for the best deals on all consumer electronics, iPods, and more!
Apple Files for Radio-transparent Case Patent
Thursday, November 30th, 2006 at 2:00 PM - by Jeff Gamet
A patent application from Apple Computer was published earlier this week for electronic device cases built from radio-transparent materials including ceramics. The patent application, according to MarketWatch, was filed on August 7.
The patent describes using ceramic materials like zirconia and alumina to create single-piece extruded cases for handheld computing devices and cell phones. Because the cases are radio-transparent, they will not interfere with transmission signals, allowing for smaller antennas and lower power consumption.
Diagrams from Apple's ceramic case patent.
The diagrams included with the patent application look strikingly similar to Apple's iPod mini and second generation iPod nano, leading to speculation that this represents part of the technology for a combination iPod/cell phone.
- Reading, Writing, & Saving the World
- Free Retro Gaming for iOS - Activision’s Kaboom!
- Apple Adds Chomp Bits to iOS 6 App Store Discovery
- Notability For iPad: Much More Than A Note Taking App
- Scosche’s RH656m Headphones With Microphone Are Wonderful
- Tim Cook & Larry Page Reportedly Discuss Patents
- Analysis: Amazon Kindle Fire Sold Out, Kindle Fire 2 Pic Leaked