- Notability For iPad: Much More Than A Note Taking App from Ginger Labs, Inc, US$0.99
- Scosche’s RH656m Headphones With Microphone Are Wonderful from Scosche, US$129.99
- IPEVO’s Typi Folio Case & Keyboard for iPad is First-rate from IPEVO, US$79.99
- Scosche’s boomSTREAM BT Speaker: Features & Compromises from Scosche, US$99.95
- FX Photo Studio HD: iPad Painting of Effects Made Easy from MacPhun LLC, US1.99
- Congo Norvell
Very few albums manage to capture snapshots of a quality of life in the manner that Congo Norvell's sophomore record, "Abnormals Anonymous," does.
Comparisons to the Velvet Underground are
- Barenaked Ladies
- These guys know how to put on a live show, and whomever recorded this knows how to capture one. Rock Spectacle is one of the warmest-sounding recordings I've ever heard, and totally fills a room at a
- Secret Machines
The Secret Machines' inaugural album, Now Here is Nowhere is both old and new in its sonic assault. The trio's surprisingly big sound evokes Pink Floyd (without ever sounding like any Pink
- Clap Your Hands Say Yeah
When I first got hooked to Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, the only place I could get their debut album, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, was through the band's Web site. I listened to the two tracks a
- Modern Lovers
This timeless masterpiece is little known, but it has inspired almost as many bands as The Modern Lovers' own inspiration -- and only slightly better known -- The Velvet Underground & Nico.
Visit Deals On The Web for the best deals on all consumer electronics, iPods, and more!
Jonathan Ive Honored by Queen
Sunday, January 1st, 2006 at 2:00 PM - by Jeff Gamet
Jonathan Ive, Apple's Senior Vice President of Design, was awarded the title of Commander of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire by Queen Elizabeth on December 31, 2005. The title, which is the third highest rank of British chivalry, was awarded for his achievements in industrial design, including the iMac and iPod.
London-born Mr. Ive was honored for the trend setting designs he has created during his 13 years at Apple. In addition to the iMac and iPod, he also designed the easily recognizable form factors of the iBook and PowerBook.
Prior to his career at Apple, Mr Ive was a partner at the London-based design firm, Tangerine, where he designed anything from power tools to wash basins. Many of his designs are on permanent display at museums around the world.
Mr. Ive and his design team have previously received awards from several design institutions, including the including British advertising trade group D&AD;, German design museums Red Dot and iF, Industrial Designers Society of America, and the UK's Royal Society of Arts.
- Reading, Writing, & Saving the World
- Free Retro Gaming for iOS - Activision’s Kaboom!
- Apple Adds Chomp Bits to iOS 6 App Store Discovery
- Notability For iPad: Much More Than A Note Taking App
- Scosche’s RH656m Headphones With Microphone Are Wonderful
- Tim Cook & Larry Page Reportedly Discuss Patents
- Analysis: Amazon Kindle Fire Sold Out, Kindle Fire 2 Pic Leaked