- Notability For iPad: Much More Than A Note Taking App from Ginger Labs, Inc, US$0.99
- Scosche’s RH656m Headphones With Microphone Are Wonderful from Scosche, US$129.99
- IPEVO’s Typi Folio Case & Keyboard for iPad is First-rate from IPEVO, US$79.99
- Scosche’s boomSTREAM BT Speaker: Features & Compromises from Scosche, US$99.95
- FX Photo Studio HD: iPad Painting of Effects Made Easy from MacPhun LLC, US1.99
- The second and final album from this power-pop group makes me wish Jellyfish had been able to make just one more record together. The album is best enjoyed as a whole piece, flowing from one track to
- The Church
Another of my all-time favorites, Priest = Aura is one of those rare albums where every song is simply fantastic, and a testament to how good pop-rock can be.
Each song immediatel
- Joe Williams
- Joe Williams was Figure Two in my three-man education in singing. A brilliant vocalist, scatter, and interpreter of jazz and blues, Williams produces music that's totally unique, yet sounds so effortl
- Weather Report
- This is Weather Reports quintessential line-up captured live. Jaco Pastorious and Peter Erskine join Wayne Shorter and, of course, Joe Zawinul to create this masterpiece.
- The Stooges
Another pillar of my musical foundations, The Stooges' first album is one those records whose influence far outweighed its popularity. Like The Velvet Underground & Nico, hordes of people wh
Visit Deals On The Web for the best deals on all consumer electronics, iPods, and more!
Apple Files Patent for Wand Controller for Apple TV
Thursday, March 12th, 2009 at 4:08 PM - by Bryan Chaffin
The short version of the patent, which was filed in May of 2008, is that the user would use the wand to control a mouse cursor. The position of the mouse could either be determined by infrared modules positioned next to the screen, or by use of an accelerometer or gyroscope inside the wand itself.
The patent application also suggested that gesture-based movements could be used to replace the use of at least some button controllers.
From the description, "In some embodiments, the user may provide a selection input by moving wand in a particular manner. For example, the user may flick wand (e.g., move wand in circular pattern), rotate wand in a particular manner (e.g., perform a rotation of wand), move wand a particular distance off screen, or any other suitable movement of wand."
Even the position of the wand relative to the screen could be used: "To zoom out, the user may move wand away from screen such that the distance between wand and screen may be larger than the initial distance between wand and screen."
Whether or not the company brings a product based on this patent filing -- it has not yet been granted -- remains to be seen. The company files scores of new patents every year, and not all of them result in or are used in shipping products.
- Reading, Writing, & Saving the World
- Free Retro Gaming for iOS - Activision’s Kaboom!
- Apple Adds Chomp Bits to iOS 6 App Store Discovery
- Notability For iPad: Much More Than A Note Taking App
- Scosche’s RH656m Headphones With Microphone Are Wonderful
- Tim Cook & Larry Page Reportedly Discuss Patents
- Analysis: Amazon Kindle Fire Sold Out, Kindle Fire 2 Pic Leaked