- Notability For iPad: Much More Than A Note Taking App from Ginger Labs, Inc, US$0.99
- Scosche’s RH656m Headphones With Microphone Are Wonderful from Scosche, US$129.99
- IPEVO’s Typi Folio Case & Keyboard for iPad is First-rate from IPEVO, US$79.99
- Scosche’s boomSTREAM BT Speaker: Features & Compromises from Scosche, US$99.95
- FX Photo Studio HD: iPad Painting of Effects Made Easy from MacPhun LLC, US1.99
- Weather Report
- This is Weather Reports quintessential line-up captured live. Jaco Pastorious and Peter Erskine join Wayne Shorter and, of course, Joe Zawinul to create this masterpiece.
- Belle & Sebastian
The Life Pursuit is a sort of Reeses Peanut Butter Cup. You get Belle & Sebastian's peanut butter (its wistful, often irresistible pop) dipped in a 'Have A Nice Day!' and glam 70s chocol
- Nine Inch Nails
In the sprawling post-A&R rock and roll world, there are two camps: the Beatles and the Stones. The Beatles are the artists that like to explore, evolve, and change styles. The Stones are the artis
- This record is perhaps U2's finest hour, yet it has been forgotten as a strange by-product of the ZooTV tour's overload, and is generally regarded by most fans as a poor effort. It is this sentiment t
- The Church
Another of my all-time favorites, Priest = Aura is one of those rare albums where every song is simply fantastic, and a testament to how good pop-rock can be.
Each song immediatel
Visit Deals On The Web for the best deals on all consumer electronics, iPods, and more!
Apple’s App Store Turns 1
Tuesday, July 7th, 2009 at 9:35 AM - by Jeff Gamet
Apple's App Store for the iPhone and iPod touch turned a year old this week, and over the course of that year has gone from offering a mere 500 applications to hosting thousands of apps. To help celebrate the online store's first anniversary, Apple set up a special place on the App Store to highlight some of the company's favorite applications and games.
Apple opened the App Store's virtual doors on July 11, 2008 with about 500 applications, and by July 20 over 25 million apps had been downloaded. By early December, the download tally had already topped 300 million for some 10,000 apps, and in April 2009 Apple started its countdown to 1 billion downloads.
Despite the store's popularity, there have been a few stumbles along the way. A US$999.99 application that did nothing but show an image raised eyebrows before it was pulled from the store. A tethering application came and went -- and came and went again -- and a rejected podcasting application stirred up a controversy over which apps Apple would approve.
Even though it hasn't always been smooth sailing for the App Store, Apple was able to use the system to turn the iPhone and iPod touch into new computing platforms, and create a profitable business model for many app developers.
- Reading, Writing, & Saving the World
- Free Retro Gaming for iOS - Activision’s Kaboom!
- Apple Adds Chomp Bits to iOS 6 App Store Discovery
- Notability For iPad: Much More Than A Note Taking App
- Scosche’s RH656m Headphones With Microphone Are Wonderful
- Tim Cook & Larry Page Reportedly Discuss Patents
- Analysis: Amazon Kindle Fire Sold Out, Kindle Fire 2 Pic Leaked