- Notability For iPad: Much More Than A Note Taking App from Ginger Labs, Inc, US$0.99
- Scosche’s RH656m Headphones With Microphone Are Wonderful from Scosche, US$129.99
- IPEVO’s Typi Folio Case & Keyboard for iPad is First-rate from IPEVO, US$79.99
- Scosche’s boomSTREAM BT Speaker: Features & Compromises from Scosche, US$99.95
- FX Photo Studio HD: iPad Painting of Effects Made Easy from MacPhun LLC, US1.99
- Billy Miles
- Take the voice of a young Billie Holiday and stuff it into a svelte, petite body with the face of an angel, and you have some idea of what it's like to experience the music of Billy Miles in her self-
- The second and final album from this power-pop group makes me wish Jellyfish had been able to make just one more record together. The album is best enjoyed as a whole piece, flowing from one track to
- Modern Lovers
This timeless masterpiece is little known, but it has inspired almost as many bands as The Modern Lovers' own inspiration -- and only slightly better known -- The Velvet Underground & Nico.
- Clap Your Hands Say Yeah
When I first got hooked to Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, the only place I could get their debut album, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, was through the band's Web site. I listened to the two tracks a
- Depeche Mode
Oddly enough, Playing The Angel is a return to form for Depeche Mode, even though it may well be argued that they never truly deviated from their roots in their more recent offerings. In the
Visit Deals On The Web for the best deals on all consumer electronics, iPods, and more!
AT&T Buying Verizon’s Alltel Assets
Monday, May 11th, 2009 at 8:05 AM - by Jeff Gamet
AT&T and Verizon have struck a US$2.35 billion deal that will give the U.S. iPhone partner an additional 1.5 million subscribers across 18 states. The deal helps Verizon comply with regulatory requirements linked to its purchase of rival cell carrier Alltel.
The agreement turns over Alltel licenses and network gear in 79 service regions from mostly rural areas, extending AT&T's coverage area into U.S. areas where it's had weak or no service availability.
AT&T said the subscribers it gets as part of the deal will be able to take advantage of the same services existing customers have such as 3G coverage and AT&T Wi-Fi hotspots. That might, however, take a little time since AT&T will have to deal with converting Verizon's CMDA gear to its own GSM technology.
Both companies are awaiting regulatory approval before closing the deal, and anticipate wrapping up the transaction before the end of 2009.
- Reading, Writing, & Saving the World
- Free Retro Gaming for iOS - Activision’s Kaboom!
- Apple Adds Chomp Bits to iOS 6 App Store Discovery
- Notability For iPad: Much More Than A Note Taking App
- Scosche’s RH656m Headphones With Microphone Are Wonderful
- Tim Cook & Larry Page Reportedly Discuss Patents
- Analysis: Amazon Kindle Fire Sold Out, Kindle Fire 2 Pic Leaked