- Notability For iPad: Much More Than A Note Taking App from Ginger Labs, Inc, US$0.99
- Scosche’s RH656m Headphones With Microphone Are Wonderful from Scosche, US$129.99
- IPEVO’s Typi Folio Case & Keyboard for iPad is First-rate from IPEVO, US$79.99
- Scosche’s boomSTREAM BT Speaker: Features & Compromises from Scosche, US$99.95
- FX Photo Studio HD: iPad Painting of Effects Made Easy from MacPhun LLC, US1.99
- World Party
- Weather Report
- This is Weather Reports quintessential line-up captured live. Jaco Pastorious and Peter Erskine join Wayne Shorter and, of course, Joe Zawinul to create this masterpiece.
- Jason Robert Brown
- The soundtrack to this moving off-broadway musical is heart moving. The lyrics follow a couple in a relationship for five years, one point of view going forward in time, and the other tracing time fr
Visit Deals On The Web for the best deals on all consumer electronics, iPods, and more!
AT&T Doubles 3G Network Speeds with 7.2 HSPA Technology
Wednesday, May 27th, 2009 at 5:29 PM - by Bryan Chaffin
AT&T announced Wednesday that it was doubling the speed of its 3G network with the implementation of High Speed Packet Access (HSPA) 7.2 technology. The company also plans to double the amount of spectrum it has dedicated to use by its 3G network "in most metropolitan areas."
The change in network from HSPA 3.6, the current version of AT&T's 3G network, will require new iPhones to take advantage of the faster speeds. Current iPhones will continue to work as the have.
Apple is expected to update the iPhone this year -- possibly as early as June's World Wide Developer Conference -- and while no one knows for sure if that update will contain support of the HSPA 7.2 standard, AT&T did say that new phones (in general) are coming later this year that will support the standard.
AT&T said it will take until 2011 to complete the rollout of the HSPA 7.2 network changes, and that it was adding more than 2,000 new cell sites (i.e. cell towers that handle and add to network traffic) around the U.S. The company is also working on improvements to its network that will enhance in-building coverage, including microcell deployment and use of the 850 MHz spectrum, which can travel through walls more easily than other spectrums.
- Reading, Writing, & Saving the World
- Free Retro Gaming for iOS - Activision’s Kaboom!
- Apple Adds Chomp Bits to iOS 6 App Store Discovery
- Notability For iPad: Much More Than A Note Taking App
- Scosche’s RH656m Headphones With Microphone Are Wonderful
- Tim Cook & Larry Page Reportedly Discuss Patents
- Analysis: Amazon Kindle Fire Sold Out, Kindle Fire 2 Pic Leaked