- Notability For iPad: Much More Than A Note Taking App from Ginger Labs, Inc, US$0.99
- Scosche’s RH656m Headphones With Microphone Are Wonderful from Scosche, US$129.99
- IPEVO’s Typi Folio Case & Keyboard for iPad is First-rate from IPEVO, US$79.99
- Scosche’s boomSTREAM BT Speaker: Features & Compromises from Scosche, US$99.95
- FX Photo Studio HD: iPad Painting of Effects Made Easy from MacPhun LLC, US1.99
- In the long series of R.E.M.'s evolution, this album (finally?) showcases their ability to capture on tape what had been happening in the live for years: heartfelt, sweat-filled performances that just
- David Bowie
The companion CD to a BBC television concert, BBC Radio Theatre has some of the best renditions of many of Bowie's best songs throughout his career. "I'm Afraid of Americans" is substantial
- Jesus Jones
When you think of Jesus Jones, chances are you can't remember them at all, or you vaguely remember "Right Here, Right Now" because it has been use
- Death Cab for Cutie
With the introduction of Plans, Death Cab for Cutie became a new addition to many user's Artist list after the single "Soul Meets Body" became a hit on iTunes. Offering a fresh alternativ
- Man, there's nothing like good, old fashioned, rock and roll... add a bit of industry resentment to that with a double-shot of cynicism, and you get one of the best "new" rock bands going. This album
Visit Deals On The Web for the best deals on all consumer electronics, iPods, and more!
Developer Sells 39K Copies of iFart Mobile on Christmas Day
Monday, December 29th, 2008 at 5:06 PM - by Bryan Chaffin
Developer Joel Comm announced over the weekend that he sold some 38,927 copies of iFart Mobile on Christmas Day. Sales of the sound effect and prank application released through InfoMedia Inc. began growing by leaps and bounds in the days leading up to Christmas, but as boys, girls, and adults alike opened up their iPod touches and iPhones, those sales increased by threefold on Christmas Day itself.
iFart Mobile is one of several flatulence-oriented apps at the App Store, but it has the singular honor of being the #1 paid app on iTunes, a spot that it has held for many days. Indeed, an application that offers farting sounds on your iPhone is outselling productivity apps, games, utilities, and...well...everything else.
iFart Mobile, in all its glory...
According to numbers released by Mr. Comm, iFart Mobile sold some 113,885 copies through 12/25/008, with almost half -- 58,447 -- selling on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
The application offers a choice of farting sounds via a spinning wheel, and includes features like a timer for pranking those around you, and an alarm that will play a fart sound if someone picks it up.
All told, iFart Mobile has netted approximately US$112,746.15, with Apple pocketing approximately $33,823.85 of that -- from a farting app. If you are interested in buying your very own copy of iFart Mobile, you can even let iPodObserver.com make a few cents off your purchase by buying it through our affiliate link.
- Reading, Writing, & Saving the World
- Free Retro Gaming for iOS - Activision’s Kaboom!
- Apple Adds Chomp Bits to iOS 6 App Store Discovery
- Notability For iPad: Much More Than A Note Taking App
- Scosche’s RH656m Headphones With Microphone Are Wonderful
- Tim Cook & Larry Page Reportedly Discuss Patents
- Analysis: Amazon Kindle Fire Sold Out, Kindle Fire 2 Pic Leaked