- Notability For iPad: Much More Than A Note Taking App from Ginger Labs, Inc, US$0.99
- Scosche’s RH656m Headphones With Microphone Are Wonderful from Scosche, US$129.99
- IPEVO’s Typi Folio Case & Keyboard for iPad is First-rate from IPEVO, US$79.99
- Scosche’s boomSTREAM BT Speaker: Features & Compromises from Scosche, US$99.95
- FX Photo Studio HD: iPad Painting of Effects Made Easy from MacPhun LLC, US1.99
- Barenaked Ladies
- These guys know how to put on a live show, and whomever recorded this knows how to capture one. Rock Spectacle is one of the warmest-sounding recordings I've ever heard, and totally fills a room at a
- The Strokes
The Strokes set the music world on fire with this 2001 album, with headlines declaring that the New York band was here to save Rock and Roll. While the band hasn't made as much of a splash since t
U2's latest entry is a mostly underwhelming collection of songs that does very little to sound any different from its equally pedestrian predecessor, 2000's "All That You Can't Leave Behind." While
- Harvey Danger
The sophomore effort from Harvey Danger, I was really looking forward to this followup to "Where Have All the Merrymakers Gone?" Unfortunately, "King James Version" failed to deliver any of the bri
- Amon Tobin
- The genius is in the beats. Amon Tobin creates fantastic, groovy beats behind beats. "Supermodified" rolls through your expectations of breakbeat music, and turns them up a bit. It's a mellow album, p
Visit Deals On The Web for the best deals on all consumer electronics, iPods, and more!
Developer Sells 39K Copies of iFart Mobile on Christmas Day
Monday, December 29th, 2008 at 5:06 PM - by Bryan Chaffin
Developer Joel Comm announced over the weekend that he sold some 38,927 copies of iFart Mobile on Christmas Day. Sales of the sound effect and prank application released through InfoMedia Inc. began growing by leaps and bounds in the days leading up to Christmas, but as boys, girls, and adults alike opened up their iPod touches and iPhones, those sales increased by threefold on Christmas Day itself.
iFart Mobile is one of several flatulence-oriented apps at the App Store, but it has the singular honor of being the #1 paid app on iTunes, a spot that it has held for many days. Indeed, an application that offers farting sounds on your iPhone is outselling productivity apps, games, utilities, and...well...everything else.
iFart Mobile, in all its glory...
According to numbers released by Mr. Comm, iFart Mobile sold some 113,885 copies through 12/25/008, with almost half -- 58,447 -- selling on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
The application offers a choice of farting sounds via a spinning wheel, and includes features like a timer for pranking those around you, and an alarm that will play a fart sound if someone picks it up.
All told, iFart Mobile has netted approximately US$112,746.15, with Apple pocketing approximately $33,823.85 of that -- from a farting app. If you are interested in buying your very own copy of iFart Mobile, you can even let iPodObserver.com make a few cents off your purchase by buying it through our affiliate link.
- Reading, Writing, & Saving the World
- Free Retro Gaming for iOS - Activision’s Kaboom!
- Apple Adds Chomp Bits to iOS 6 App Store Discovery
- Notability For iPad: Much More Than A Note Taking App
- Scosche’s RH656m Headphones With Microphone Are Wonderful
- Tim Cook & Larry Page Reportedly Discuss Patents
- Analysis: Amazon Kindle Fire Sold Out, Kindle Fire 2 Pic Leaked