- Notability For iPad: Much More Than A Note Taking App from Ginger Labs, Inc, US$0.99
- Scosche’s RH656m Headphones With Microphone Are Wonderful from Scosche, US$129.99
- IPEVO’s Typi Folio Case & Keyboard for iPad is First-rate from IPEVO, US$79.99
- Scosche’s boomSTREAM BT Speaker: Features & Compromises from Scosche, US$99.95
- FX Photo Studio HD: iPad Painting of Effects Made Easy from MacPhun LLC, US1.99
- Nine Inch Nails
- For years I wanted to make music that sounded like something between Love and Rockets and Ministry. In 1989, Trent Reznor beat me to it with this genre-defining album, and it smacked me upside the hea
- Miles Davis
- The jazz album to end all jazz albums. Miles Davis and John Coltrane and Cannonball Adderly and the list goes on. The who's who of who's who in jazz have assembled for this monumental record. Get this
- Revolting Cocks
It's hard to believe it's been more than a decade since Ministry founder and front man Al Jourgensen's side project Revolting Cocks released any new material. 2006 brings us Cocked and Loaded
- Man, there's nothing like good, old fashioned, rock and roll... add a bit of industry resentment to that with a double-shot of cynicism, and you get one of the best "new" rock bands going. This album
- The Strokes
The Strokes set the music world on fire with this 2001 album, with headlines declaring that the New York band was here to save Rock and Roll. While the band hasn't made as much of a splash since t
Visit Deals On The Web for the best deals on all consumer electronics, iPods, and more!
Hack Brings iPhone Tethering to AT&T Customers [Updated]
Thursday, June 18th, 2009 at 9:36 AM - by Jeff Gamet
One feature Apple touted in iPhone OS 3.0 was tethering, or the ability to share your phone's wireless data connection with your computer. AT&T, however, isn't supporting that feature yet, but a relatively easy hack lets iPhone owners take advantage of the feature today.
The clever people at MacMegasite show how iPhone owners can turn on their built-in tethering feature with the help of little more than a carrier settings file (available from Gizmodo), and a Terminal command.
iPhone users have also been pointing Mobile Safari to a special URL at the Phone Tweaks Web site that installs tethering, too. The Web page uses the iPhone's Install Profile feature to enable tethering, and in TMO's tests, Visual Voicemail continued to work properly.
Activating tethering from the Phone Tweaks Web site.
According to GitHub, Visual Voicemail can be restored by connecting your iPhone to iTunes, Option-clicking the Restore button and navigating to /Library/iTunes/iPhone Carrier Support in your Mac's Home directory.
While enabling tethering isn't difficult, it may not make your cell service provider happy. O2, for example, has begun warning U.K. customers that they could lose their service by enabling tethering without paying for an add-on package.
- Reading, Writing, & Saving the World
- Free Retro Gaming for iOS - Activision’s Kaboom!
- Apple Adds Chomp Bits to iOS 6 App Store Discovery
- Notability For iPad: Much More Than A Note Taking App
- Scosche’s RH656m Headphones With Microphone Are Wonderful
- Tim Cook & Larry Page Reportedly Discuss Patents
- Analysis: Amazon Kindle Fire Sold Out, Kindle Fire 2 Pic Leaked