- Notability For iPad: Much More Than A Note Taking App from Ginger Labs, Inc, US$0.99
- Scosche’s RH656m Headphones With Microphone Are Wonderful from Scosche, US$129.99
- IPEVO’s Typi Folio Case & Keyboard for iPad is First-rate from IPEVO, US$79.99
- Scosche’s boomSTREAM BT Speaker: Features & Compromises from Scosche, US$99.95
- FX Photo Studio HD: iPad Painting of Effects Made Easy from MacPhun LLC, US1.99
- Barenaked Ladies
- These guys know how to put on a live show, and whomever recorded this knows how to capture one. Rock Spectacle is one of the warmest-sounding recordings I've ever heard, and totally fills a room at a
- Ray LaMontagne
At first, Ray LaMontagne might strike you as just another breathy-voiced knockoff of folk/rock guitarists like John Mayer and Jack Johnson. But he's actually got a better voice than either, he tell
- Clap Your Hands Say Yeah
When I first got hooked to Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, the only place I could get their debut album, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, was through the band's Web site. I listened to the two tracks a
- Led Zeppelin
- This album bears every flavor of genius from the five records that came before. It is, I believe, the band's finest. With Physical Graffiti, Zep came raging back to their musical home territory -- har
Visit Deals On The Web for the best deals on all consumer electronics, iPods, and more!
iTunes Alternative, Hulu, Goes from Beta to Live
Monday, March 10th, 2008 at 4:00 PM - by John Martellaro
The joint venture between News Corp. and NBC Universal, Hulu, is set to go officially live on Wednesday, according to Variety. Content from other partners, Warners Brothers and Liongate will also be included.
Huliu is set to launch with about 250 TV shows in addition to 100 feature films. All are add supported. According to Hulu CEO Jason Kilar, this quadruples the previous content in the beta stage.
Other partners are also being sought, including Disney/ABC and CBS, but no deals have been signed.
Programming will include Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip, Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, The Office, The Simpsons and Buffy the Vampire Slayer and SciFi, including some older hits like Airwolf.
"People will be very surprised at the content being made available on a free, ad-supported basis," Mr. Kilar said. Hulu claims they have gone from zero to 5 million views since the Beta started in October. However, the number of unique viewers was not disclosed.
The challenge now is to convince viewers that theyll want to watch free TV shows and movies from the Hulu library on the Internet, on a smaller screen, with commercials when they could be using a DVR on their regular TV to skip those commercials. Apples iTunes library offers TV shows for sale, generally for $1.99 each, but without commercials. In addition, they can be moved to their video iPod. Time will tell whether theres a market for both viewing models on the Internet.
- Reading, Writing, & Saving the World
- Free Retro Gaming for iOS - Activision’s Kaboom!
- Apple Adds Chomp Bits to iOS 6 App Store Discovery
- Notability For iPad: Much More Than A Note Taking App
- Scosche’s RH656m Headphones With Microphone Are Wonderful
- Tim Cook & Larry Page Reportedly Discuss Patents
- Analysis: Amazon Kindle Fire Sold Out, Kindle Fire 2 Pic Leaked