- Notability For iPad: Much More Than A Note Taking App from Ginger Labs, Inc, US$0.99
- Scosche’s RH656m Headphones With Microphone Are Wonderful from Scosche, US$129.99
- IPEVO’s Typi Folio Case & Keyboard for iPad is First-rate from IPEVO, US$79.99
- Scosche’s boomSTREAM BT Speaker: Features & Compromises from Scosche, US$99.95
- FX Photo Studio HD: iPad Painting of Effects Made Easy from MacPhun LLC, US1.99
- Brother Love
- Killer grooves, catchy riffs, edgy vocals with oh-so-just-right layered harmonies, and a drive that will move even YOU out of your chair, Brother Love's initial release is what rock and roll should be
- Nine Inch Nails
In the sprawling post-A&R rock and roll world, there are two camps: the Beatles and the Stones. The Beatles are the artists that like to explore, evolve, and change styles. The Stones are the artis
- The Redwalls
- Wow! Perhaps my 5-star rating is simply because the Redwalls are not only new and fresh (none of them older than 22!), or perhaps its because -- despite their ages -- they are able to totally capture
- World Party
- Ray LaMontagne
At first, Ray LaMontagne might strike you as just another breathy-voiced knockoff of folk/rock guitarists like John Mayer and Jack Johnson. But he's actually got a better voice than either, he tell
Visit Deals On The Web for the best deals on all consumer electronics, iPods, and more!
iTunes Alternative, Hulu, Goes from Beta to Live
Monday, March 10th, 2008 at 4:00 PM - by John Martellaro
The joint venture between News Corp. and NBC Universal, Hulu, is set to go officially live on Wednesday, according to Variety. Content from other partners, Warners Brothers and Liongate will also be included.
Huliu is set to launch with about 250 TV shows in addition to 100 feature films. All are add supported. According to Hulu CEO Jason Kilar, this quadruples the previous content in the beta stage.
Other partners are also being sought, including Disney/ABC and CBS, but no deals have been signed.
Programming will include Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip, Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, The Office, The Simpsons and Buffy the Vampire Slayer and SciFi, including some older hits like Airwolf.
"People will be very surprised at the content being made available on a free, ad-supported basis," Mr. Kilar said. Hulu claims they have gone from zero to 5 million views since the Beta started in October. However, the number of unique viewers was not disclosed.
The challenge now is to convince viewers that theyll want to watch free TV shows and movies from the Hulu library on the Internet, on a smaller screen, with commercials when they could be using a DVR on their regular TV to skip those commercials. Apples iTunes library offers TV shows for sale, generally for $1.99 each, but without commercials. In addition, they can be moved to their video iPod. Time will tell whether theres a market for both viewing models on the Internet.
- Reading, Writing, & Saving the World
- Free Retro Gaming for iOS - Activision’s Kaboom!
- Apple Adds Chomp Bits to iOS 6 App Store Discovery
- Notability For iPad: Much More Than A Note Taking App
- Scosche’s RH656m Headphones With Microphone Are Wonderful
- Tim Cook & Larry Page Reportedly Discuss Patents
- Analysis: Amazon Kindle Fire Sold Out, Kindle Fire 2 Pic Leaked