- Notability For iPad: Much More Than A Note Taking App from Ginger Labs, Inc, US$0.99
- Scosche’s RH656m Headphones With Microphone Are Wonderful from Scosche, US$129.99
- IPEVO’s Typi Folio Case & Keyboard for iPad is First-rate from IPEVO, US$79.99
- Scosche’s boomSTREAM BT Speaker: Features & Compromises from Scosche, US$99.95
- FX Photo Studio HD: iPad Painting of Effects Made Easy from MacPhun LLC, US1.99
- Guitar-driven rock out of Australia, Powderfinger has not seen much exposure in the States, but should get a nod for their toe-tapping songs. Building off their previous release, "Internationalist" (
- This quasi-concept album (the only of its kind) from these Vermonters finally showcased their ability to convey a message with a studio album, whereas previously they only succeeded in doing so live.
- Man, there's nothing like good, old fashioned, rock and roll... add a bit of industry resentment to that with a double-shot of cynicism, and you get one of the best "new" rock bands going. This album
- Tegan and Sara
So Jealous is the third album from these sisters, and easily the one to single out for an introduction to their music. Some people may not get on board with their vocal styles, which are slightly
- David Bowie
- It must be a lonely place to be considered David Bowie's worst album by just about everyone, including the artist himself. As the last album before Bowie "rebooted" and formed the band Tin Machine, "N
Visit Deals On The Web for the best deals on all consumer electronics, iPods, and more!
iPhone 3G S Sales Top 1M in First Weekend
Monday, June 22nd, 2009 at 9:14 AM - by Jeff Gamet
Apple iPhone 3G S sales topped the million mark in the first weekend the new combination iPod and smartphone was available. Apple introduced the iPhone 3G S on June 8 during its annual World Wide Developer Conference, and began selling the handheld on Friday, June 19.
The Cupertino-based company even rolled out a quote from CEO Steve Jobs even though he hasn't returned yet from his six-month medical leave. "Customers are voting and the iPhone is winning," he said. "With over 50,000 applications available from Apple's revolutionary App Store, iPhone momentum is stronger than ever."
Interest in the newest iPhone model seemed high over the launch weekend, and in some areas lines began forming a day in advance of the rollout.
The iPhone 3G launch a year ago was dubbed the biggest consumer electronics product launch in history with about a million units sold during the first weekend of availability. If Apple's sales numbers are accurate, the company could meet or even top its sales figures from last year.
Apple also announced that over six million customers have downloaded iPhone OS 3.0 since it was released on June 17. The iPhone 3G S ships with the new OS pre-installed, but some features like voice control and video capture aren't available on earlier iPhone models.
- Reading, Writing, & Saving the World
- Free Retro Gaming for iOS - Activision’s Kaboom!
- Apple Adds Chomp Bits to iOS 6 App Store Discovery
- Notability For iPad: Much More Than A Note Taking App
- Scosche’s RH656m Headphones With Microphone Are Wonderful
- Tim Cook & Larry Page Reportedly Discuss Patents
- Analysis: Amazon Kindle Fire Sold Out, Kindle Fire 2 Pic Leaked