- Notability For iPad: Much More Than A Note Taking App from Ginger Labs, Inc, US$0.99
- Scosche’s RH656m Headphones With Microphone Are Wonderful from Scosche, US$129.99
- IPEVO’s Typi Folio Case & Keyboard for iPad is First-rate from IPEVO, US$79.99
- Scosche’s boomSTREAM BT Speaker: Features & Compromises from Scosche, US$99.95
- FX Photo Studio HD: iPad Painting of Effects Made Easy from MacPhun LLC, US1.99
- Alanis Morissette
- Ten years after the original release, comes the traditional celebratory acoustic re-recording. The album has held up remarkably well. While it is not as meaningful to me as it was when I was sixteen,
- The second and final album from this power-pop group makes me wish Jellyfish had been able to make just one more record together. The album is best enjoyed as a whole piece, flowing from one track to
- Ray LaMontagne
At first, Ray LaMontagne might strike you as just another breathy-voiced knockoff of folk/rock guitarists like John Mayer and Jack Johnson. But he's actually got a better voice than either, he tell
U2's latest entry is a mostly underwhelming collection of songs that does very little to sound any different from its equally pedestrian predecessor, 2000's "All That You Can't Leave Behind." While
- Guitar-driven rock out of Australia, Powderfinger has not seen much exposure in the States, but should get a nod for their toe-tapping songs. Building off their previous release, "Internationalist" (
Visit Deals On The Web for the best deals on all consumer electronics, iPods, and more!
Microsoft to Take on iPod touch with Zune HD
Tuesday, May 26th, 2009 at 10:26 PM - by Jeff Gamet
After attempting to steal iPod market share with the Zune media player, Microsoft confirmed on Tuesday that it is now ready to go after the iPod touch with the Zune HD. Like the iPod touch, Zune HD will sport a multi-touch display and Wi-Fi Web browsing -- a feature that's missing from the original Zune models.
Microsoft's Zune HD
The Zune HD, which is expected to ship this fall, will include a 3.3-inch OLED display with 420x272 resolution, an HD radio receiver, 720p HD video playback via a custom dock, and a built-in touch-based Web browser (presumably a modified version of Internet Explorer). Microsoft will be extending its Zune content to Xbox users, too, when it begins offering Zune store video content via the Xbox LIVE Video Marketplace this fall.
Microsoft's Zune HD announcement comes only two weeks before Apple's World Wide Developer Conference that kicks off on June 8. Apple is expected to announced new iPhone models at the event, and Microsoft could be trying to steal some of the iPod maker's thunder.
Apple will likely ship the next generation iPhone, and will likely ship update iPod touch models, before Microsoft gets its Zune HD out the door. Unless Apple introduces surprisingly lackluster feature updates to its handheld devices, Microsoft may have trouble overcoming the iPhone and iPod touch momentum -- even with its early product announcement.
- Reading, Writing, & Saving the World
- Free Retro Gaming for iOS - Activision’s Kaboom!
- Apple Adds Chomp Bits to iOS 6 App Store Discovery
- Notability For iPad: Much More Than A Note Taking App
- Scosche’s RH656m Headphones With Microphone Are Wonderful
- Tim Cook & Larry Page Reportedly Discuss Patents
- Analysis: Amazon Kindle Fire Sold Out, Kindle Fire 2 Pic Leaked