- Notability For iPad: Much More Than A Note Taking App from Ginger Labs, Inc, US$0.99
- Scosche’s RH656m Headphones With Microphone Are Wonderful from Scosche, US$129.99
- IPEVO’s Typi Folio Case & Keyboard for iPad is First-rate from IPEVO, US$79.99
- Scosche’s boomSTREAM BT Speaker: Features & Compromises from Scosche, US$99.95
- FX Photo Studio HD: iPad Painting of Effects Made Easy from MacPhun LLC, US1.99
- Billy Miles
- Take the voice of a young Billie Holiday and stuff it into a svelte, petite body with the face of an angel, and you have some idea of what it's like to experience the music of Billy Miles in her self-
- David Bowie
- It must be a lonely place to be considered David Bowie's worst album by just about everyone, including the artist himself. As the last album before Bowie "rebooted" and formed the band Tin Machine, "N
- Brian Eno
- In his first proper solo release since 1996's relatively cold "The Drop," Brian Eno has constructed a whimsical and ecclectic masterpiece which is arguably one of the year's strongest records thus fa
Black Sabbath, The White Stripes, The Stooges. There aren't many bands worth their salt that want to be compared to other bands, but when I listen to Wolfmother's self-titled American debut, I can
- Joe Williams
- Joe Williams was Figure Two in my three-man education in singing. A brilliant vocalist, scatter, and interpreter of jazz and blues, Williams produces music that's totally unique, yet sounds so effortl
Visit Deals On The Web for the best deals on all consumer electronics, iPods, and more!
Microsoft to Take on iPod touch with Zune HD
Tuesday, May 26th, 2009 at 10:26 PM - by Jeff Gamet
After attempting to steal iPod market share with the Zune media player, Microsoft confirmed on Tuesday that it is now ready to go after the iPod touch with the Zune HD. Like the iPod touch, Zune HD will sport a multi-touch display and Wi-Fi Web browsing -- a feature that's missing from the original Zune models.
Microsoft's Zune HD
The Zune HD, which is expected to ship this fall, will include a 3.3-inch OLED display with 420x272 resolution, an HD radio receiver, 720p HD video playback via a custom dock, and a built-in touch-based Web browser (presumably a modified version of Internet Explorer). Microsoft will be extending its Zune content to Xbox users, too, when it begins offering Zune store video content via the Xbox LIVE Video Marketplace this fall.
Microsoft's Zune HD announcement comes only two weeks before Apple's World Wide Developer Conference that kicks off on June 8. Apple is expected to announced new iPhone models at the event, and Microsoft could be trying to steal some of the iPod maker's thunder.
Apple will likely ship the next generation iPhone, and will likely ship update iPod touch models, before Microsoft gets its Zune HD out the door. Unless Apple introduces surprisingly lackluster feature updates to its handheld devices, Microsoft may have trouble overcoming the iPhone and iPod touch momentum -- even with its early product announcement.
- Reading, Writing, & Saving the World
- Free Retro Gaming for iOS - Activision’s Kaboom!
- Apple Adds Chomp Bits to iOS 6 App Store Discovery
- Notability For iPad: Much More Than A Note Taking App
- Scosche’s RH656m Headphones With Microphone Are Wonderful
- Tim Cook & Larry Page Reportedly Discuss Patents
- Analysis: Amazon Kindle Fire Sold Out, Kindle Fire 2 Pic Leaked