- Notability For iPad: Much More Than A Note Taking App from Ginger Labs, Inc, US$0.99
- Scosche’s RH656m Headphones With Microphone Are Wonderful from Scosche, US$129.99
- IPEVO’s Typi Folio Case & Keyboard for iPad is First-rate from IPEVO, US$79.99
- Scosche’s boomSTREAM BT Speaker: Features & Compromises from Scosche, US$99.95
- FX Photo Studio HD: iPad Painting of Effects Made Easy from MacPhun LLC, US1.99
- This record is perhaps U2's finest hour, yet it has been forgotten as a strange by-product of the ZooTV tour's overload, and is generally regarded by most fans as a poor effort. It is this sentiment t
- Revolting Cocks
It's hard to believe it's been more than a decade since Ministry founder and front man Al Jourgensen's side project Revolting Cocks released any new material. 2006 brings us Cocked and Loaded
- Amon Tobin
- The genius is in the beats. Amon Tobin creates fantastic, groovy beats behind beats. "Supermodified" rolls through your expectations of breakbeat music, and turns them up a bit. It's a mellow album, p
- Tegan and Sara
So Jealous is the third album from these sisters, and easily the one to single out for an introduction to their music. Some people may not get on board with their vocal styles, which are slightly
- Led Zeppelin
- This album bears every flavor of genius from the five records that came before. It is, I believe, the band's finest. With Physical Graffiti, Zep came raging back to their musical home territory -- har
Visit Deals On The Web for the best deals on all consumer electronics, iPods, and more!
SanDisk CEO: Apple Won - You Can’t Out-iPod the iPod
Thursday, June 4th, 2009 at 3:44 PM - by Bryan Chaffin
SanDisk CEO Eli Harari has admitted that Apple has won the digital media device war, telling CNN, "You can't out-iPod the iPod."
The company, inventor of the Flash memory used in the iPod and...pretty much every other digital media device, camera, and other gadget on the planet, and maker of the Sansa MP3 player, once tried to unseat Apple using Apple's patented "Lemmings" technique of advertising failure.
In 2006, SanDisk launched its "iDon't" campaign that attempted to cast iPod users as "iSheep swarming through our cities" who can't think for themselves. Similar to Apple's 1985 commercial "Lemmings," which cast PC users as the cliff-jumping rodents, a characterization said PC users didn't take kindly to.
"I don't" had a similar effect for SanDisk, with most people saying, "I don't care," or , "I don't buy the Sansa."
SanDisk's Sansa Fuze
The company's Sansa player does, however, remain the Runner Up digital media device in the market, ahead of the 1st Alternate, Microsoft's Zune line. In this case, however, being #2 isn't particularly meaningful as the iPod's market share is so overwhelming that the other players are doing little more than competing for table scraps.
CNN reported that Mr. Harari plans on remaining in the digital media device market. He said that he's found the Sansa product line gives the company credibility with potential business partners in the Flash memory realm.
- Reading, Writing, & Saving the World
- Free Retro Gaming for iOS - Activision’s Kaboom!
- Apple Adds Chomp Bits to iOS 6 App Store Discovery
- Notability For iPad: Much More Than A Note Taking App
- Scosche’s RH656m Headphones With Microphone Are Wonderful
- Tim Cook & Larry Page Reportedly Discuss Patents
- Analysis: Amazon Kindle Fire Sold Out, Kindle Fire 2 Pic Leaked