- Notability For iPad: Much More Than A Note Taking App from Ginger Labs, Inc, US$0.99
- Scosche’s RH656m Headphones With Microphone Are Wonderful from Scosche, US$129.99
- IPEVO’s Typi Folio Case & Keyboard for iPad is First-rate from IPEVO, US$79.99
- Scosche’s boomSTREAM BT Speaker: Features & Compromises from Scosche, US$99.95
- FX Photo Studio HD: iPad Painting of Effects Made Easy from MacPhun LLC, US1.99
- Led Zeppelin
- This album bears every flavor of genius from the five records that came before. It is, I believe, the band's finest. With Physical Graffiti, Zep came raging back to their musical home territory -- har
Dropping like a bomb on some of the blah musical offerings of her contemporaries, Haunted was one of the best albums of 2000, obliterating the competition.
Ostensibly a tie-in to her brot
- Death Cab for Cutie
With the introduction of Plans, Death Cab for Cutie became a new addition to many user's Artist list after the single "Soul Meets Body" became a hit on iTunes. Offering a fresh alternativ
For those of you who don't know, Chicago didn't always suck, and everyone in the band didn't always play a keyboard. When the band started off they were pioneers of rock and jazz fusion, and guita
- Modern Lovers
This timeless masterpiece is little known, but it has inspired almost as many bands as The Modern Lovers' own inspiration -- and only slightly better known -- The Velvet Underground & Nico.
Visit Deals On The Web for the best deals on all consumer electronics, iPods, and more!
iCube II Docking iPod Speaker
Wednesday, October 3rd, 2007 at 5:00 AM - by Bob LeVitus
The Boynq iCube II is a nice little iPod speaker system with the operative word being "little." It's chock full of thoughtful touches not usually found in such a small (or relatively inexpensive) speaker system. For example, there are separate bass and treble control knobs, something you don't often find on inexpensive speaker systems. Another example is that it has a docking cable connector on its backside so you can sync your iPod as well as recharge it.
Another nice touch is a slick design available in two colors -- black "pour homme" and pink "pour femme." Personally, I think the "for man" and "for woman" designations are a little corny and perhaps even a bit sexist, but I also think both models are rather handsome. For what it's worth, my wife prefers the black "man" model.
Speaking of my wife, she's quite taken by this little speaker system. She says it's the perfect size for the kitchen and looks great on the counter there. I have to agree.
Soundwise, the iCube II is pretty good but not great. For the most part it sounds better than you'd expect such a small box to sound but unlike larger speaker systems it's not designed to fill a room with sound. Alas, its bass response can be a bit thin at times and cranking up the bass just introduces distortion, especially at louder listening levels. Higher frequencies fare somewhat better but can sometimes sound a little shrill.
Technical Specs (as provided by manufacturer):
- enhanced 2 x 5W RMS full range drivers
for optimal clarity
- includes 6 different size inserts to fit all
sizes of iPod
- 3,5mm Stereo line in feature for iPod
shuffle and numerous other portable
audio devices such as MP3 players, MiniDisc
and CD players (Line-in cable included)
- line out for connection to home stereo,
(cinch cables included)
- AC-power adaptor included (100~240V)
- Frequency range 20Hz 20KHz
The Bottom Line
All things considered you're unlikely to find a better sounding or better looking iPod docking speaker system at this size and price. If you're space-constrained or on a tight budget, this is a darn nice little system.
Just The Facts
Pros:Sync and/or recharges iPod, bass and treble controls, line-in and line-out jacks, cool styling.
Cons:Bass response can be thin or distorted, high frequencies occasionally shrill.
- Reading, Writing, & Saving the World
- Free Retro Gaming for iOS - Activision’s Kaboom!
- Apple Adds Chomp Bits to iOS 6 App Store Discovery
- Notability For iPad: Much More Than A Note Taking App
- Scosche’s RH656m Headphones With Microphone Are Wonderful
- Tim Cook & Larry Page Reportedly Discuss Patents
- Analysis: Amazon Kindle Fire Sold Out, Kindle Fire 2 Pic Leaked