You're viewing an article in iPO's historic archive vault. Here, we've preserved the comments and how the site looked along with the article. Use this link to view the article on our current site: iTunes Europe Hits 100 Million Downloads
iTunes Europe Hits 100 Million Downloads
Wednesday, December 7th, 2005 at 8:45 AM - by Staff
The iTunes Music Store (iTMS) in Europe sold its 100 millionth song on December 6. The download was made by Ken Reist of Steenokkerzeel, Belgium, making him the winner of Apple's promotion leading up to the purchase. Mr. Reist won a 17-inch iMac G5, a 30GB iPod, a 10,000-song gift card to the iTMS, and two tickets to see Robbie Williams in concert.
The wining download? Mozart's Die Zauberflöte.
- Editorial - It's Time for the Promised, Unlocked iPhone 3Gs
- Wal-Mart Employees Confirm iPhone Rumors
- The RIAA vs. 19 Year Old Cancer Patient
- Mac Gaming News - Gameloft Brings Hero of Sparta to the iPhone
- Free on iTunes - Return to the Moon, JPL, Stranger Things And More
- Apple Claims 300 Million App Store Downloads, 10,000 Apps Available