You're viewing an article in iPO's historic archive vault. Here, we've preserved the comments and how the site looked along with the article. Use this link to view the article on our current site: Belkin Responds to DLO Patent Claims
Belkin Responds to DLO Patent Claims
Friday, December 16th, 2005 at 8:10 AM - by Staff
In a followup to Thursday's report that DLO filed a lawsuit against Belkin alleging patent infringement, Belkin commented that it feels the suit is without merit. Belkin is denying that any of its products violate DLO's patent, according to iLounge.
Chris Folwer, Belkin's general counsel, commented "It is Belkin's firm belief that such complaint has no merit and Belkin has specified a number of defenses to the complaint, including but not limited to invalidity of the '085 patent. Belkin is confident that a verdict will be rendered in its favor with regard to this matter."
The '085 patent, or more specifically patent number 6,591,085, covers DLO's Transpod, a combination iPod charger and FM transmitter that plays music through a car stereo. DLO is claiming that Belkin's TuneBase FM directly violates the patent.
DLO is seeking injunctive relief and monetary damages in the case.
- Editorial - It's Time for the Promised, Unlocked iPhone 3Gs
- Wal-Mart Employees Confirm iPhone Rumors
- The RIAA vs. 19 Year Old Cancer Patient
- Mac Gaming News - Gameloft Brings Hero of Sparta to the iPhone
- Free on iTunes - Return to the Moon, JPL, Stranger Things And More
- Apple Claims 300 Million App Store Downloads, 10,000 Apps Available