You're viewing an article in iPO's historic archive vault. Here, we've preserved the comments and how the site looked along with the article. Use this link to view the article on our current site: 1GB iPod shuffle Unavailable Until January
1GB iPod shuffle Unavailable Until January
Monday, December 19th, 2005 at 9:10 AM - by Staff
Apple's Web site lists the 1GB iPod shuffle as out of stock until mid-January of 2006. The online store shows the shipping status as "Currently Unavailable," and "Sold out for the holiday. Expected availability mid-January."
Apple still lists the 512MB shuffle as available and shipping in 1-2 days.
1GB iPod shuffle: Unavailable
The expected delay in shipping comes at an interesting time, since the Macworld Expo in San Francisco is just around the corner. Analysts and iPod fans alike have been speculating that Apple may revise the shuffle, which hasn't seen a major upgrade since its introduction at the Macworld Expo in 2005.
Rumors abound ranging from a smaller form factor, to multiple colors.
Macworld Expo is the largest annual gathering of iPod and Mac enthusiasts. It is scheduled to run from January 9 through 13, 2006, at the Moscone Convention Center in San Francisco. For additional information about the expo, visit the Macworld Expo Web site.
- Editorial - It's Time for the Promised, Unlocked iPhone 3Gs
- Wal-Mart Employees Confirm iPhone Rumors
- The RIAA vs. 19 Year Old Cancer Patient
- Mac Gaming News - Gameloft Brings Hero of Sparta to the iPhone
- Free on iTunes - Return to the Moon, JPL, Stranger Things And More
- Apple Claims 300 Million App Store Downloads, 10,000 Apps Available