You're viewing an article in iPO's historic archive vault. Here, we've preserved the comments and how the site looked along with the article. Use this link to view the article on our current site: Will HP Drop iTunes From PCs in 2006?
Will HP Drop iTunes From PCs in 2006?
Tuesday, December 20th, 2005 at 7:00 PM - by Staff
When Hewlett-Packard announced its deal with Apple to distribute iPods, it also said that it would install iTunes on its computers through January 2006. However, now that HP no longer distributes iPods, there's no confirmation that it will continue to do so after the agreement expires next month.
Macworld UK reported on Tuesday that HP executive vice-president Todd Bradley last week confirmed his company's plans to launch a new involvement in digital music after its contractual agreement with Apple ends. The Web site speculated that HP will likely embrace Windows Media Player as part of its new strategy.
- Editorial - It's Time for the Promised, Unlocked iPhone 3Gs
- Wal-Mart Employees Confirm iPhone Rumors
- The RIAA vs. 19 Year Old Cancer Patient
- Mac Gaming News - Gameloft Brings Hero of Sparta to the iPhone
- Free on iTunes - Return to the Moon, JPL, Stranger Things And More
- Apple Claims 300 Million App Store Downloads, 10,000 Apps Available