You're viewing an article in iPO's historic archive vault. Here, we've preserved the comments and how the site looked along with the article. Use this link to view the article on our current site: iPod: The Other White Meat
iPod: The Other White Meat
Thursday, December 29th, 2005 at 9:15 AM - by Staff
A woman in Hawaii claims to have received an iPod that is a little higher in protein that the average model. Upon opening the package, she found a slab of meat instead of the video capable iPod she was expecting, according to KHON2 News. The iPod, or meatPod, or iMeat, came from the Keeaumoku Wal-Mart, where Rachel Cambra had it on layaway for her son's Christmas present.
As unbelievable as the story sounds, Gizmodo claims to have confirmation. Someone from Wal-Mart's corporate office in Honolulu says that three iPod packages have been found with meat instead of iPods, and that it is most likely the action of an ex-employee.
Mrs. Cambra should be receiving a non-biodegradable iPod replacement for her iMeat within a week.
- Editorial - It's Time for the Promised, Unlocked iPhone 3Gs
- Wal-Mart Employees Confirm iPhone Rumors
- The RIAA vs. 19 Year Old Cancer Patient
- Mac Gaming News - Gameloft Brings Hero of Sparta to the iPhone
- Free on iTunes - Return to the Moon, JPL, Stranger Things And More
- Apple Claims 300 Million App Store Downloads, 10,000 Apps Available