You're viewing an article in iPO's historic archive vault. Here, we've preserved the comments and how the site looked along with the article. Use this link to view the article on our current site: SanDisk Introduces iPod-like MP3 Players
IPO at CES - SanDisk Introduces iPod-like MP3 Players
Friday, January 6th, 2006 at 9:00 AM - by Staff
LAS VEGAS -- SanDisk announced two new MP3 players at CES that bear a striking resemblance to Apple's iPod nano and shuffle. The Sansa e200 series players come in 2GB, 4GB, or 6GB capacities, have a 1.8-inch color screen, and is slightly thicker than a nano. They are priced at US$199, $249, and $299 respectively.
e200 (left) and iPod nano (right)
The Sansa c100 series resembles the iPod shuffle, come in 1GB and 2GB capacities, but sport a color screen. They are priced at $119 and $169.
c100 (left) and iPod shuffle (right)
SanDisk expects to have the players on the market by march.
- Editorial - It's Time for the Promised, Unlocked iPhone 3Gs
- Wal-Mart Employees Confirm iPhone Rumors
- The RIAA vs. 19 Year Old Cancer Patient
- Mac Gaming News - Gameloft Brings Hero of Sparta to the iPhone
- Free on iTunes - Return to the Moon, JPL, Stranger Things And More
- Apple Claims 300 Million App Store Downloads, 10,000 Apps Available