You're viewing an article in iPO's historic archive vault. Here, we've preserved the comments and how the site looked along with the article. Use this link to view the article on our current site: NHL and NASCAR Working on iTunes Music Store Deals
NHL and NASCAR Working on iTunes Music Store Deals
Monday, January 16th, 2006 at 10:50 AM - by Staff
The NHL and NASCAR are both within weeks of signing deals to provide content to the iTunes Music Store (iTMS), according to the Sports Business Journal (subscription required). Apple has already signed deals with ESPN and ABC Sports, and is close to a deal with MLB Advanced Media, too.
The extent of the NHL's and NASCAR content is not yet clear, but it looks like a deal may be struck in time for the Daytona 500 in February.
Video downloads at the iTMS and other legal Internet video content provider sites are proving successful for the broadcasters that have already jumped on board. The NFL and NBA are both looking for deals, although neither have committed to a specific provider yet.
Brenda Spoonemore, senior vice president of interactive services for NBA Entertainment commented "The iPod is a great device and it's exciting to see what's happening. Apple, however, is only one piece of a much larger distribution model. The key thing is having the best available content in the most convenient manner for fans."
- Editorial - It's Time for the Promised, Unlocked iPhone 3Gs
- Wal-Mart Employees Confirm iPhone Rumors
- The RIAA vs. 19 Year Old Cancer Patient
- Mac Gaming News - Gameloft Brings Hero of Sparta to the iPhone
- Free on iTunes - Return to the Moon, JPL, Stranger Things And More
- Apple Claims 300 Million App Store Downloads, 10,000 Apps Available