You're viewing an article in iPO's historic archive vault. Here, we've preserved the comments and how the site looked along with the article. Use this link to view the article on our current site: iTunes Ranks as #2 Online Music Retailer in Dec.
iTunes Ranks as #2 Online Music Retailer in Dec.
Tuesday, January 17th, 2006 at 4:20 PM - by Staff
comScore Media Metrix on Tuesday released its analysis of the top online properties during the month of December, when, as expected, many Web sites saw increased traffic, especially jewelry/luxury goods and music sites. In the latter category, iTunes ranked second with a 33% gain from November to 9.3 million unique visitors for the month.
Apple came in at number 17 on the list of top 50 Web sites for December, with 27.9 million unique visitors. Yahoo! led the list with 127 million unique visitors, far outpacing MSN/Microsoft and Time-Warner's 116 million each and Google's 93 million. The only other computer company on the list was Dell, which was number 41 with 16 million visitors.
- Editorial - It's Time for the Promised, Unlocked iPhone 3Gs
- Wal-Mart Employees Confirm iPhone Rumors
- The RIAA vs. 19 Year Old Cancer Patient
- Mac Gaming News - Gameloft Brings Hero of Sparta to the iPhone
- Free on iTunes - Return to the Moon, JPL, Stranger Things And More
- Apple Claims 300 Million App Store Downloads, 10,000 Apps Available