You're viewing an article in iPO's historic archive vault. Here, we've preserved the comments and how the site looked along with the article. Use this link to view the article on our current site: Sony Signs Australian iTunes Deal
Sony Signs Australian iTunes Deal
Wednesday, January 18th, 2006 at 9:35 AM - by Staff
Sony BMG has finally reached an agreement with Apple, and has joined the iTunes Music Store (iTMS) in Australia, according to a CNET report. The deal brings to an end the glaring absence of Sony's music library from the Australian iTMS, which opened on October 25 last year.
Denis Handlin, Sony's CEO in BMG Australia and New Zealand, commented "There is a great opportunity for digital music to explode in 2006 and we look forward to a long and fruitful relationship with iTunes."
Thanks to the addition of Sony BMG's library, the Australian iTMS now has over one million songs, and over 3,000 music videos available for download.
- Editorial - It's Time for the Promised, Unlocked iPhone 3Gs
- Wal-Mart Employees Confirm iPhone Rumors
- The RIAA vs. 19 Year Old Cancer Patient
- Mac Gaming News - Gameloft Brings Hero of Sparta to the iPhone
- Free on iTunes - Return to the Moon, JPL, Stranger Things And More
- Apple Claims 300 Million App Store Downloads, 10,000 Apps Available