You're viewing an article in iPO's historic archive vault. Here, we've preserved the comments and how the site looked along with the article. Use this link to view the article on our current site: iPod Ready to Hit the Arab World
iPod Ready to Hit the Arab World
Wednesday, January 18th, 2006 at 1:45 PM - by Staff
An Arabic version of the iPod will soon be available for sale in the Middle East, according to the Web site TradeArabia. The article quoted an employee for Apple's independent marketing company in the Middle East as saying: "Apple is working on this. A prototype has already been made available to us."
The employee also revealed that an Arabic version of Mac OS X v10.4 "Tiger" is also in the works, adding: "Apple's regional growth mirrors its global growth. Sometimes it's higher than Apple's global growth. Apple's growing product line has also seen significant success in the Middle East through 2005 ... The iPods have become an iconic product for people of all ages across the Middle East."
- Editorial - It's Time for the Promised, Unlocked iPhone 3Gs
- Wal-Mart Employees Confirm iPhone Rumors
- The RIAA vs. 19 Year Old Cancer Patient
- Mac Gaming News - Gameloft Brings Hero of Sparta to the iPhone
- Free on iTunes - Return to the Moon, JPL, Stranger Things And More
- Apple Claims 300 Million App Store Downloads, 10,000 Apps Available