You're viewing an article in iPO's historic archive vault. Here, we've preserved the comments and how the site looked along with the article. Use this link to view the article on our current site: PocketSpots Offers Mini Audio Ads For Podcasts
PocketSpots Offers Mini Audio Ads For Podcasts
Wednesday, March 15th, 2006 at 4:50 PM - by Staff
SurfNoise on Wednesday launched PocketSpots, a service that enables podcasters to place mini audio commercials in their productions. The company said in a statement that 30- and 60-second commercials traditionally used in TV and radio broadcasts don't work in the new format, so PocketSpots offers 4-, 6- or 10-second spots that tease listeners.
Pricing ranges from US$100 to $900, depending on whether or not the customer supplies ad copy and wants to use licensed music or employ stock audio. The company also discounts the second and third ads requested by the customer, enabling them to build a campaign instead of just issuing a one-off spot. SurfNoise provides the voice talent.
- Editorial - It's Time for the Promised, Unlocked iPhone 3Gs
- Wal-Mart Employees Confirm iPhone Rumors
- The RIAA vs. 19 Year Old Cancer Patient
- Mac Gaming News - Gameloft Brings Hero of Sparta to the iPhone
- Free on iTunes - Return to the Moon, JPL, Stranger Things And More
- Apple Claims 300 Million App Store Downloads, 10,000 Apps Available