You're viewing an article in iPO's historic archive vault. Here, we've preserved the comments and how the site looked along with the article. Use this link to view the article on our current site: Apple Completing Work on a Bluetooth iPod?
Apple Completing Work on a Bluetooth iPod?
Tuesday, April 4th, 2006 at 3:20 PM - by Staff
Stuff magazine in a Tuesday blog entry cited a UK retailer as confirming that Apple has "been adding the finishing touches to a Bluetooth iPod." They noted that "a deluge of accessories," such as Bluetooth headphones, will accompany the release, and such a device could set the stage for playing music through a car stereo without needing an FM transmitter, or even broadcasting tunes to others nearby.
Stuff also pointed to a Macsimum News post discussing a patent filed by Apple that would cover Bluetooth-enabled photo frames. However, the magazine noted, "one thing a Bluetooth iPod 1.0 probably won't include is ultrawideband, the new super-fast, video-streaming version of the wireless tech that could in future let you stream films to TVs around the home from your little jukebox."
- Editorial - It's Time for the Promised, Unlocked iPhone 3Gs
- Wal-Mart Employees Confirm iPhone Rumors
- The RIAA vs. 19 Year Old Cancer Patient
- Mac Gaming News - Gameloft Brings Hero of Sparta to the iPhone
- Free on iTunes - Return to the Moon, JPL, Stranger Things And More
- Apple Claims 300 Million App Store Downloads, 10,000 Apps Available