You're viewing an article in iPO's historic archive vault. Here, we've preserved the comments and how the site looked along with the article. Use this link to view the article on our current site: Actors to Get "iPod Download" Royalties
Actors to Get "iPod Download" Royalties
Tuesday, April 18th, 2006 at 9:15 AM - by Staff
The Screen Actors Guild (SAG) and the American Federation of Television and Radio Artists (AFTRA), both unions that represent performing artists, are working on deals that would grab royalty payments each time a show is downloaded to an electronic device. According to Contactmusic, the deal that is being negotiated will generate a US$0.02 residual payment each time a performance is downloaded or accessed on a cell phone, computer, or portable video or audio device, including the iPod.
A SAG spokesman commented "Unions are seeking or are engaged with producers in serious conversations over what residual formula ought to be applied to new distribution platforms like downloads and mobile phones."
A deal between the unions and producers is expected to be reached in the next few weeks.
- Editorial - It's Time for the Promised, Unlocked iPhone 3Gs
- Wal-Mart Employees Confirm iPhone Rumors
- The RIAA vs. 19 Year Old Cancer Patient
- Mac Gaming News - Gameloft Brings Hero of Sparta to the iPhone
- Free on iTunes - Return to the Moon, JPL, Stranger Things And More
- Apple Claims 300 Million App Store Downloads, 10,000 Apps Available