You're viewing an article in iPO's historic archive vault. Here, we've preserved the comments and how the site looked along with the article. Use this link to view the article on our current site: Apple May Be Courting Blu-ray for iPod Content
Apple May Be Courting Blu-ray for iPod Content
Tuesday, April 25th, 2006 at 9:45 AM - by
Apple Computer may be looking to get full length movies and other content in iPod format added to upcoming Blu-ray disc movie releases. According to iPod Hub, unnamed sources in the film industry have said that Apple is asking studios to include iPod content ahead of the release of a new version of the video capable iPod.
If that is the case, Apple would have a pre-made library of movies and other content already available when new iPod models are released. Blockbuster has already committed to carrying Blu-ray discs in its movie rental stores, which would add another easy access point for iPod content distribution.
Industry analysts are speculating that Apple is planning on releasing a new iPod model with a larger screen designed for watching full length movies. The current video capable iPod has a display that is better suited for short features and television show-length programming.
- Editorial - It's Time for the Promised, Unlocked iPhone 3Gs
- Wal-Mart Employees Confirm iPhone Rumors
- The RIAA vs. 19 Year Old Cancer Patient
- Mac Gaming News - Gameloft Brings Hero of Sparta to the iPhone
- Free on iTunes - Return to the Moon, JPL, Stranger Things And More
- Apple Claims 300 Million App Store Downloads, 10,000 Apps Available