You're viewing an article in iPO's historic archive vault. Here, we've preserved the comments and how the site looked along with the article. Use this link to view the article on our current site: Apple Pulls iPod from Quanta
Apple Pulls iPod from Quanta
Wednesday, April 26th, 2006 at 10:05 AM - by
Apple Computer has reportedly pulled its order for video capable iPods from Quanta and given the deal to an unspecified manufacturer. According to DigiTimes, Quanta claims that it never acknowledged whether or not Apple actually placed the order, calling into question earlier reports stating that it was slated to produce batches of iPods.
There is no word yet on which company Apple awarded its video capable iPod manufacturing contract to.
Quanta is a computer and electronics manufacturing company in China, and has contracts with Apple to produce some of its portable Macs.
- Editorial - It's Time for the Promised, Unlocked iPhone 3Gs
- Wal-Mart Employees Confirm iPhone Rumors
- The RIAA vs. 19 Year Old Cancer Patient
- Mac Gaming News - Gameloft Brings Hero of Sparta to the iPhone
- Free on iTunes - Return to the Moon, JPL, Stranger Things And More
- Apple Claims 300 Million App Store Downloads, 10,000 Apps Available