You're viewing an article in iPO's historic archive vault. Here, we've preserved the comments and how the site looked along with the article. Use this link to view the article on our current site: Another iPod Site Changes its Name
Another iPod Site Changes its Name
Monday, June 19th, 2006 at 2:50 PM - by
iPodMyBaby.com on Monday announced that it has now become iPopMyBaby.com, as a result of a letter from Apple asking the company to change its URL because the term "iPod" is protected by trademark. The site launched last August and has sold over 10,000 iPod-themed one-piece baby outfits and t-shirts since then.
Company co-founder David Schroeder said in a press release: "We own the iPod baby clothing space, which probably scares Apple a little bit as we are selling thousands of iPod baby outfits and they aren't selling any at all."
The company will also expand its offerings beyond iPod-themed baby clothes.
- Editorial - It's Time for the Promised, Unlocked iPhone 3Gs
- Wal-Mart Employees Confirm iPhone Rumors
- The RIAA vs. 19 Year Old Cancer Patient
- Mac Gaming News - Gameloft Brings Hero of Sparta to the iPhone
- Free on iTunes - Return to the Moon, JPL, Stranger Things And More
- Apple Claims 300 Million App Store Downloads, 10,000 Apps Available