You're viewing an article in iPO's historic archive vault. Here, we've preserved the comments and how the site looked along with the article. Use this link to view the article on our current site: Lions Gate Films Confirms iTunes Movie Plans
Lions Gate Films Confirms iTunes Movie Plans
Thursday, August 17th, 2006 at 3:25 PM - by
During the company's earnings call with investors and analysts last week, Lions Gate Entertainment confirmed Apple's iTunes movie plans, with CEO Jon Feltheimer remarking: "We also have digital delivery deals in place with Cinema Now, MovieLink, and iTunes, with upcoming announcements with at least two more major industry players."
Questioned further on timing, president Steve Beeks said: "In terms of iTunes movie downloads, I think most likely some time before the end of the year. We know when they are planning on launching, but since they have not announced it publicly, I do not think it is our place to say anything more about that. Calendar year."
Movie blog /FILM noted: "We are still being told that despite Apple's best efforts, the store will only feature movie rentals. In July we reported that Apple has signed agreements with Walt Disney, Universal Studios, Paramount Pictures, and Warner Bros."
- Editorial - It's Time for the Promised, Unlocked iPhone 3Gs
- Wal-Mart Employees Confirm iPhone Rumors
- The RIAA vs. 19 Year Old Cancer Patient
- Mac Gaming News - Gameloft Brings Hero of Sparta to the iPhone
- Free on iTunes - Return to the Moon, JPL, Stranger Things And More
- Apple Claims 300 Million App Store Downloads, 10,000 Apps Available