You're viewing an article in iPO's historic archive vault. Here, we've preserved the comments and how the site looked along with the article. Use this link to view the article on our current site: Apple Unveils 'iTV,' Will Ship Q1 2007 [UPDATED]
Apple Unveils 'iTV,' Will Ship Q1 2007 [UPDATED]
Tuesday, September 12th, 2006 at 2:00 PM - by
Noting that "it completes the story," Apple CEO Steve Jobs on Tuesday concluded his special presentation in San Francisco by offering a preview of a new device code-named iTV, which will connect to a TV and wirelessly stream video and audio content, as well as pictures, from a computer. Mr. Jobs acknowledged that "we need to come up with a better name" as he unveiled a box that resembled a Mac mini.
The device features HDMI, Wi-Fi, USB 2.0, Ethernet, component video, analog video, and digital audio connectivity. The power supply is built into it, rather than placed outside the device, on the power cord. Users control it with a Front Row remote, and the onscreen interface demonstrated by Mr. Jobs featured a Front Row-like look. Apple expects to ship it during the first quarter of 2007 for US$299.
4:21 PM EST, 9/12/06: Updated article with more information.
- Editorial - It's Time for the Promised, Unlocked iPhone 3Gs
- Wal-Mart Employees Confirm iPhone Rumors
- The RIAA vs. 19 Year Old Cancer Patient
- Mac Gaming News - Gameloft Brings Hero of Sparta to the iPhone
- Free on iTunes - Return to the Moon, JPL, Stranger Things And More
- Apple Claims 300 Million App Store Downloads, 10,000 Apps Available