You're viewing an article in iPO's historic archive vault. Here, we've preserved the comments and how the site looked along with the article. Use this link to view the article on our current site: Google 'in Talks' to Add Video to Apple's iTV
Google 'in Talks' to Add Video to Apple's iTV
Monday, September 18th, 2006 at 3:15 PM - by
Marissa Mayer, Google's consumer product chief, told Newsweek's Stephen Levy that her company is "engaged in talks" with Apple about enabling the upcoming "iTV" product to access Google Video. A menu item could be added to iTV's user interface that takes users through the best of the user-submitted videos.
Apple CEO Steve Jobs explained to Mr. Levy: "The breakthrough came when we realized that we didn't have to replace the set-top box. It's OK if we adopt the DVD player as our model. Then you can hook up to anything. Just be like a DVD player that happens to play Internet videos."
- Editorial - It's Time for the Promised, Unlocked iPhone 3Gs
- Wal-Mart Employees Confirm iPhone Rumors
- The RIAA vs. 19 Year Old Cancer Patient
- Mac Gaming News - Gameloft Brings Hero of Sparta to the iPhone
- Free on iTunes - Return to the Moon, JPL, Stranger Things And More
- Apple Claims 300 Million App Store Downloads, 10,000 Apps Available