You're viewing an article in iPO's historic archive vault. Here, we've preserved the comments and how the site looked along with the article. Use this link to view the article on our current site: iPod Set To Be Hot Holiday Seller
iPod Set To Be Hot Holiday Seller
Monday, November 13th, 2006 at 9:25 AM - by
In a recently conducted survey, electronics retailers stated they expect Apple's iPod to be the best selling item this holiday season. The Channel Checkers survey included major electronics retailers in North America and Western Europe. The question they were asked was "What do you expect to be the best selling item this Christmas selling season?"
29 percent of the respondents said that the iPod will be the top seller, and the iPod nano was mentioned specifically more often than other models.
The retailers put the Sony Playstation 3 and Nintendo Wii right behind the iPod, with 20 percent of the companies saying they will be the top sellers. Microsoft's Xbox also fared well, with 15 percent of the retailers mentioning it.
Apple recently updated its iPod nano and iPod shuffle product lines. The product refresh came just in time for the buying season, and consumer interest is already high.
The survey indicates that retailers are putting a lot of faith in iPod sales, and if prior holiday seasons are any indication, they won't be let down.
- Editorial - It's Time for the Promised, Unlocked iPhone 3Gs
- Wal-Mart Employees Confirm iPhone Rumors
- The RIAA vs. 19 Year Old Cancer Patient
- Mac Gaming News - Gameloft Brings Hero of Sparta to the iPhone
- Free on iTunes - Return to the Moon, JPL, Stranger Things And More
- Apple Claims 300 Million App Store Downloads, 10,000 Apps Available