You're viewing an article in iPO's historic archive vault. Here, we've preserved the comments and how the site looked along with the article. Use this link to view the article on our current site: Apple Adds More iPod Board Makers
Apple Adds More iPod Board Makers
Friday, December 1st, 2006 at 12:15 PM - by
Apple Computer recently added Gold Circuit Electronics (GCE) to its growing list of iPod printed circuit board makers. The total number of companies producing the circuit boards for Apple, according to DigiTimes, is up to seven.
The other board manufacturers are Tripod Technology, Nan Ya Printed Circuit Board (NPC), Unimicron Technology, Compeq Manufacturing, Wus Printed Circuit and APCB.
The extra manufacturing man power should help Apple come closer to meeting consumer demand, but GCE isn't expected to produce the boards in large quantities until some time next year.
Apple Computer farms out the production of its product components and assembly. Foxconn is one of the more well known iPod manufacturing subcontractors, and was also the focus of poor working condition allegations earlier this year.
- Editorial - It's Time for the Promised, Unlocked iPhone 3Gs
- Wal-Mart Employees Confirm iPhone Rumors
- The RIAA vs. 19 Year Old Cancer Patient
- Mac Gaming News - Gameloft Brings Hero of Sparta to the iPhone
- Free on iTunes - Return to the Moon, JPL, Stranger Things And More
- Apple Claims 300 Million App Store Downloads, 10,000 Apps Available