You're viewing an article in iPO's historic archive vault. Here, we've preserved the comments and how the site looked along with the article. Use this link to view the article on our current site: Best Buy Scores Apple TV Deal
Best Buy Scores Apple TV Deal
Thursday, March 22nd, 2007 at 10:35 AM - by
Big box retailer Best Buy managed to swing an exclusive deal with Apple: Outside of Apple's own stores, it is the only retailer to be offering the Apple TV for the next two weeks. The units will appear in Best Buy locations around the U.S. on Tuesday, according to CNET News.
Apple's networked home entertainment center appliance has only just begun to show up in the mail boxes of users that pre-ordered the device.
Buyers looking to get their hands on an Apple TV will initially have limited access to the device. Only 3,000 units are being shipped to Best Buy, and those are being distributed among 822 locations. As Apple ramps up production, however, more will make their way to BEst Buy, and eventually other retailers as well.
Steve Jobs announced during Macworld Expo 2007 that the Apple TV would ship by the end of February. Later, Apple pushed the release date back to mid-March. The first units began shipping to pre-order customers earlier this week.
- Editorial - It's Time for the Promised, Unlocked iPhone 3Gs
- Wal-Mart Employees Confirm iPhone Rumors
- The RIAA vs. 19 Year Old Cancer Patient
- Mac Gaming News - Gameloft Brings Hero of Sparta to the iPhone
- Free on iTunes - Return to the Moon, JPL, Stranger Things And More
- Apple Claims 300 Million App Store Downloads, 10,000 Apps Available