You're viewing an article in iPO's historic archive vault. Here, we've preserved the comments and how the site looked along with the article. Use this link to view the article on our current site: Details of Apple - AT&T Deal Revealed
Details of Apple - AT&T Deal Revealed
Tuesday, July 24th, 2007 at 1:20 PM - by
Previously, the financial arrangements between AT&T and Apple have been kept under wraps. Recently, however, some of the details have been revealed and the money flow to Apple is very good indeed, according to The Street on Monday.
"People close to the companies tell TheStreet.com that AT&T is paying Apple a bounty of between US$150 and $200 per phone -- plus $9 a month per phone over the life of the typical two-year customer contract," Scott Moritz reported.
The upshot is that there could be unexpected windfall for Apple. "This is unheard of," said one money manager who is long Apple. "No one has this plugged this into their models." Roger Entner from IAG research agreed: "It's a pretty sweet deal for Apple, and not all that bad for AT&T."
Scott Moritz concluded, "Wall Street knew Apple was getting a good deal, but it didn't know just how good it was."
- Editorial - It's Time for the Promised, Unlocked iPhone 3Gs
- Wal-Mart Employees Confirm iPhone Rumors
- The RIAA vs. 19 Year Old Cancer Patient
- Mac Gaming News - Gameloft Brings Hero of Sparta to the iPhone
- Free on iTunes - Return to the Moon, JPL, Stranger Things And More
- Apple Claims 300 Million App Store Downloads, 10,000 Apps Available