You're viewing an article in iPO's historic archive vault. Here, we've preserved the comments and how the site looked along with the article. Use this link to view the article on our current site: iPhone's Hidden Caps Lock Feature
TMO Quick Tip - iPhone's Hidden Caps Lock Feature
Monday, August 6th, 2007 at 7:30 AM - by
Apple's iPhone sports a fairly impressive virtual keyboard that does its best to predict what you are typing. It even automatically activates the Shift key at the beginning of a sentence, and shuts it back off after you type the first letter. By default, however, entering a string of all uppercase letters, like CAPS LOCK, is kind of a pain because you have to tap the Shift key before each letter.
The iPhone does include a Caps Lock feature -- the trick is finding it so you can turn it on. Here's how:
- Tap Settings
- Tap General
- Tap Keyboard
- Tap the Enable Caps Lock slider
The Caps Lock slider is like a toggle switch. Tapping it once enables the feature, tapping it a second time shuts it back off.
Using the Caps Lock is really simple: Quickly tap the Shift key twice. Instead of the usual glowing arrow that tells you your next letter will be upper case, the whole Shift key turns blue. Tapping the Shift key again turns Caps Lock back off.
- Editorial - It's Time for the Promised, Unlocked iPhone 3Gs
- Wal-Mart Employees Confirm iPhone Rumors
- The RIAA vs. 19 Year Old Cancer Patient
- Mac Gaming News - Gameloft Brings Hero of Sparta to the iPhone
- Free on iTunes - Return to the Moon, JPL, Stranger Things And More
- Apple Claims 300 Million App Store Downloads, 10,000 Apps Available