You're viewing an article in iPO's historic archive vault. Here, we've preserved the comments and how the site looked along with the article. Use this link to view the article on our current site: John Lennon Now On iTunes
John Lennon Now On iTunes
Tuesday, August 14th, 2007 at 11:15 AM - by
The solo music collection from music legend John Lennon finally entered the digital age on Tuesday when Apple and EMI announced that his solo works are available at the iTunes Store. Sixteen of his solo works are available now along with the digital debuts of Lennon Legend, and Acoustic.
John Lennon at the iTunes Store
For the next 30 days, the John Lennon/Plastic Ono Band, Sometime in New York City, Walls and Bridges, and the Milk and Honey albums, along with the Anthology and Working Class Hero collections will be available with exclusive video content as well.
The Lennon library will be available as standard iTunes tracks priced at US$0.99 each, and also in iTunes Plus format for $1.29 each. iTunes Plus tracks are copy protection-free, and are encoded at 256kbs AAC instead of the 128kbs found on iTunes standard tracks.
- Editorial - It's Time for the Promised, Unlocked iPhone 3Gs
- Wal-Mart Employees Confirm iPhone Rumors
- The RIAA vs. 19 Year Old Cancer Patient
- Mac Gaming News - Gameloft Brings Hero of Sparta to the iPhone
- Free on iTunes - Return to the Moon, JPL, Stranger Things And More
- Apple Claims 300 Million App Store Downloads, 10,000 Apps Available