You're viewing an article in iPO's historic archive vault. Here, we've preserved the comments and how the site looked along with the article. Use this link to view the article on our current site: South Korea iPhone Talks Underway
South Korea iPhone Talks Underway
Friday, August 24th, 2007 at 9:05 AM - by
South Korea's second largest mobile phone service provider, KT Freetel, announced on Friday that it is in negotiations with Apple for rights to carry the iPhone, according to CNN Money. Like Apple's deal with AT&T in the United States, a contract with KT Freetel would allow the carrier to be the only company in South Korea that offers service for the combination iPod and smart phone.
Apple is currently negotiation with several cell carriers in Europe with plans to extend sales beyond the United States before the end of 2007. The company also plans to bring the iPhone to Asia some time in 2008.
- Editorial - It's Time for the Promised, Unlocked iPhone 3Gs
- Wal-Mart Employees Confirm iPhone Rumors
- The RIAA vs. 19 Year Old Cancer Patient
- Mac Gaming News - Gameloft Brings Hero of Sparta to the iPhone
- Free on iTunes - Return to the Moon, JPL, Stranger Things And More
- Apple Claims 300 Million App Store Downloads, 10,000 Apps Available