You're viewing an article in iPO's historic archive vault. Here, we've preserved the comments and how the site looked along with the article. Use this link to view the article on our current site: New iTunes, iPhone Ringtones On the Way
iPO Reports - New iTunes, iPhone Ringtones On the Way
Wednesday, September 5th, 2007 at 1:05 PM - by
Apple announced during its special "The Beat Goes On" media event on Wednesday that it is adding a custom ringtone feature to the iPhone, and will also release a new version of iTunes later today. The updated version of iTunes will add support for new features that will be announced later in the media event.
The custom ringtones feature will allow users to create their own ringtones from songs they have purchased from the iTunes Store. Ringtone songs will cost an additional US$0.99 beyond a track's price. The feature will be available next week.
iPodObserver.com will update this article as additional information is available.
- Editorial - It's Time for the Promised, Unlocked iPhone 3Gs
- Wal-Mart Employees Confirm iPhone Rumors
- The RIAA vs. 19 Year Old Cancer Patient
- Mac Gaming News - Gameloft Brings Hero of Sparta to the iPhone
- Free on iTunes - Return to the Moon, JPL, Stranger Things And More
- Apple Claims 300 Million App Store Downloads, 10,000 Apps Available