You're viewing an article in iPO's historic archive vault. Here, we've preserved the comments and how the site looked along with the article. Use this link to view the article on our current site: Apple Refreshes iPod Shuffle and Nano Line [Updated]
iPO Reports - Apple Refreshes iPod Shuffle and Nano Line [Updated]
Wednesday, September 5th, 2007 at 1:15 PM - by
The new shuffle colors were described by TMO staff as muted maroon, silver, steel blue, aqua and a green-gray. A [RED] version was also announced.
In response top customer requests, Apple has changed the iPod nano to include a larger display, 320 x 240 pixels, that now supports both Video and Cover Flow. To achieve this, the density is 204 pixels per inch, the highest Apple has shipped to date. The new nano is slightly squatter to accommodate the resized display and the 8GB nano comes in the same colors as the new shuffle.
The iPod nano now supports video for the first time.
iPod nano at Apple's media event.
The new nanos should be in Apple retail stores this weekend, according to Mr. Jobs. The 4 GB nano, silver only, will be priced at US$149 and the 8 GB unit, same colors as shuffle, at US$199.
- Editorial - It's Time for the Promised, Unlocked iPhone 3Gs
- Wal-Mart Employees Confirm iPhone Rumors
- The RIAA vs. 19 Year Old Cancer Patient
- Mac Gaming News - Gameloft Brings Hero of Sparta to the iPhone
- Free on iTunes - Return to the Moon, JPL, Stranger Things And More
- Apple Claims 300 Million App Store Downloads, 10,000 Apps Available