You're viewing an article in iPO's historic archive vault. Here, we've preserved the comments and how the site looked along with the article. Use this link to view the article on our current site: Apple Drops 8GB iPhone Price to $399, Axes 4GB Model
iPO Reports - Apple Drops 8GB iPhone Price to $399, Axes 4GB Model
Wednesday, September 5th, 2007 at 2:15 PM - by
Apple CEO Steve Jobs announced on Wednesday during its "The Beat Goes On" media event that his company is pleased with iPhone sales so far, but wants to be more aggressive. To that end, Apple is dropping the price for the 8GB iPhone from $599 to $399.
Along with the price reduction, Apple is discontinuing the 4GB model. Mr. Jobs claimed the decision to drop the lower capacity version of the combination iPod and smart phone was because customers are more interested in the higher capacity model.
Apple also reduced the price of the refurbished 8GB iPhone from $399 down to $349.
The newly reduced iPhone price goes into effect today.
- Editorial - It's Time for the Promised, Unlocked iPhone 3Gs
- Wal-Mart Employees Confirm iPhone Rumors
- The RIAA vs. 19 Year Old Cancer Patient
- Mac Gaming News - Gameloft Brings Hero of Sparta to the iPhone
- Free on iTunes - Return to the Moon, JPL, Stranger Things And More
- Apple Claims 300 Million App Store Downloads, 10,000 Apps Available