You're viewing an article in iPO's historic archive vault. Here, we've preserved the comments and how the site looked along with the article. Use this link to view the article on our current site: France Telecom CEO: iPhone Deal Still On
France Telecom CEO: iPhone Deal Still On
Wednesday, October 10th, 2007 at 8:45 AM - by
France Telecom CEO Didier Lombard isn't giving up on negotiations with Apple over carrying the iPhone in France. In fact, he expects the details with his Orange wireless division will be hammered out by the end of November, according to CNNMoney.
The deal between Apple and Orange over exclusive distribution rights in France appeared to have derailed over Apple's take of iPhone-related revenues. While the two sides are likely still sorting out how much money Apple will get from the deal, Mr. Lombard seems confident the two sides will reach an agreement in time to start selling the combination iPod and smart phone before Christmas.
Apple has announced that it is launching the iPhone in the U.K. and Germany on November 9.
- Editorial - It's Time for the Promised, Unlocked iPhone 3Gs
- Wal-Mart Employees Confirm iPhone Rumors
- The RIAA vs. 19 Year Old Cancer Patient
- Mac Gaming News - Gameloft Brings Hero of Sparta to the iPhone
- Free on iTunes - Return to the Moon, JPL, Stranger Things And More
- Apple Claims 300 Million App Store Downloads, 10,000 Apps Available