You're viewing an article in iPO's historic archive vault. Here, we've preserved the comments and how the site looked along with the article. Use this link to view the article on our current site: Swisscom Exec Keen on iPhone in Switzerland
Swisscom Exec Keen on iPhone in Switzerland
Wednesday, October 10th, 2007 at 12:35 PM - by
Swisscom's chief executive was reported to be very interested in launching Apple's iPhone in Switzerland, according to the Swiss financial paper Finanz und Wirtschaft on Wednesday.
"Like every telecommunications operator, we are very interested in iPhone," CEO Karsten Schloter said in an interview with the paper. "It is the first mobile phone that fully utilizes the Internet." MarketWatch carried the story.
Herr Schloter went on to say that Switzerland has a huge potential to exploit wireless communication compared to its fixed line Internet.
"This will change the sector fundamentally," Mr. Schloter said.
- Editorial - It's Time for the Promised, Unlocked iPhone 3Gs
- Wal-Mart Employees Confirm iPhone Rumors
- The RIAA vs. 19 Year Old Cancer Patient
- Mac Gaming News - Gameloft Brings Hero of Sparta to the iPhone
- Free on iTunes - Return to the Moon, JPL, Stranger Things And More
- Apple Claims 300 Million App Store Downloads, 10,000 Apps Available