You're viewing an article in iPO's historic archive vault. Here, we've preserved the comments and how the site looked along with the article. Use this link to view the article on our current site: iphoneSimFree 1.6 Unlocks iPhone 1.1.1
iphoneSimFree 1.6 Unlocks iPhone 1.1.1
Thursday, October 11th, 2007 at 10:20 AM - by
Building on the efforts of iPhone Dev Team's work to jailbreak the iPhone 1.1.1 software, iphoneSimFree is now offering an unlock option for updated iPhones. The unlock allows iPhone owners to use their combination iPod and smart phone outside of the AT&T cell network.
iphoneSimFree's unlock procedure is compatible with iPhone 1.1.1 and iPhone firmware version 04.01.13_G. The unlock steps will also "unbrick" iPhones that were previously rendered unusable by the 1.1.1 update.
Of course, once Apple releases the next iPhone update, unlocked phones will likely stop working again. For now, however, iPhone users that installed the 1.1.1 software update can move their handheld off of AT&T's network -- just keep in mind that Apple isn't bound to honor warranties on unlocked phones.
- Editorial - It's Time for the Promised, Unlocked iPhone 3Gs
- Wal-Mart Employees Confirm iPhone Rumors
- The RIAA vs. 19 Year Old Cancer Patient
- Mac Gaming News - Gameloft Brings Hero of Sparta to the iPhone
- Free on iTunes - Return to the Moon, JPL, Stranger Things And More
- Apple Claims 300 Million App Store Downloads, 10,000 Apps Available