You're viewing an article in iPO's historic archive vault. Here, we've preserved the comments and how the site looked along with the article. Use this link to view the article on our current site: 13 Year Old Jailbreaks iPod touch
13 Year Old Jailbreaks iPod touch
Monday, October 15th, 2007 at 10:50 AM - by
A 13 year old that goes by the handle AriX has managed to produce a simple to use jailbreak method for the iPod touch called iJailBreak. AriX's hack allows iPod touch users to install third-party applications on their touch interface iPod, and does not require any special skills to use.
iJailBreak is, at least for now, limited to Intel-based Macs running Mac OS X 10.4 or higher. At version 0.2.1, it is still in the early stages of development.
Once installed, iPod touch users can install additional applications to their portable media player, much like iPhone users were doing prior to the iPhone 1.1.1 software update. Even though it is possible to install additional apps on the iPod touch, however, Apple does not support the process.
iJailBreak is free, and available for download at the Google Code Web site.
- Editorial - It's Time for the Promised, Unlocked iPhone 3Gs
- Wal-Mart Employees Confirm iPhone Rumors
- The RIAA vs. 19 Year Old Cancer Patient
- Mac Gaming News - Gameloft Brings Hero of Sparta to the iPhone
- Free on iTunes - Return to the Moon, JPL, Stranger Things And More
- Apple Claims 300 Million App Store Downloads, 10,000 Apps Available