You're viewing an article in iPO's historic archive vault. Here, we've preserved the comments and how the site looked along with the article. Use this link to view the article on our current site: HBO to Launch Movie Download Service
HBO to Launch Movie Download Service
Monday, January 21st, 2008 at 11:05 AM - by
Home Box Office (HBO) is ready to jump into the movie and TV show download game with the launch of its HBO on Broadband service. The cable pay TV channel plans to roll out the new service to Time Warner Cable broadband customers in limited markets on Tuesday, according to The Vancouver Sun.
The move to the Web extends the cable company's on demand offerings, and will even offer more content than its HBO on Demand service.
HBO's news comes only days after Apple announced its iTunes Store movie rental service and upgraded Apple TV offerings.
Unlike Apple's rental service, HBO's rental service will not be cross platform -- at least not at first. The company plans to launch with Windows XP and Vista support, but hopes to add Mac OS X support later.
- Editorial - It's Time for the Promised, Unlocked iPhone 3Gs
- Wal-Mart Employees Confirm iPhone Rumors
- The RIAA vs. 19 Year Old Cancer Patient
- Mac Gaming News - Gameloft Brings Hero of Sparta to the iPhone
- Free on iTunes - Return to the Moon, JPL, Stranger Things And More
- Apple Claims 300 Million App Store Downloads, 10,000 Apps Available