You're viewing an article in iPO's historic archive vault. Here, we've preserved the comments and how the site looked along with the article. Use this link to view the article on our current site: iPhone Hurting Razr 2 Sales
iPhone Hurting Razr 2 Sales
Wednesday, January 23rd, 2008 at 9:30 AM - by
Motorola's Razr 2 may not be the iPhone killer the company was hoping for, and in fact appears to be suffering from weaker than expected sales at the hand of the very phone it was competing with. Estimates place Razr 2 sales at about half of what the original Razr managed during a similar period, according to Business Report.
The cell phone company likely sold only two million of its Razr 2 during the holiday season according to estimates by former Oppenheimer analyst Lawrence Harris. In comparison, Apple sold over 2.3 million iPhones during the same period.
Motorola will be announcing its fourth quarter earnings on Wednesday, and may reveal a net income of US$255 million, representing a 59 percent drop.
Apple announced during its first quarter earnings report on Tuesday that it had sold some 2.315 million iPhones over the holiday season, pushing overall iPhone sales up to the 4 million mark. The company hopes to sell 10 million units before the end of 2008.
- Editorial - It's Time for the Promised, Unlocked iPhone 3Gs
- Wal-Mart Employees Confirm iPhone Rumors
- The RIAA vs. 19 Year Old Cancer Patient
- Mac Gaming News - Gameloft Brings Hero of Sparta to the iPhone
- Free on iTunes - Return to the Moon, JPL, Stranger Things And More
- Apple Claims 300 Million App Store Downloads, 10,000 Apps Available