You're viewing an article in iPO's historic archive vault. Here, we've preserved the comments and how the site looked along with the article. Use this link to view the article on our current site: iTunes More Popular than RealPlayer in 2007
iTunes More Popular than RealPlayer in 2007
Thursday, January 31st, 2008 at 8:35 AM - by
Apple's iTunes media player passed RealPlayer in 2007 to become the second most popular online streaming media player behind Microsoft's Windows Media Player. iTunes was also the only player to show a positive growth rate over the past year, according to data from Website Optimization.
While iTunes showed a 26.8 percent increase in unique users between December 2006 and December 2007, RealPlayer dropped 17.5 percent, QuickTime dropped 8.6 percent, and Windows Media Player remained relatively unchanged.
iTunes passed RealPlayer near mid-2007. iTunes, QuickTime, and RealPlayer are all cross platform media players. Microsoft's Windows Media Player, however, is a Windows only application.
- Editorial - It's Time for the Promised, Unlocked iPhone 3Gs
- Wal-Mart Employees Confirm iPhone Rumors
- The RIAA vs. 19 Year Old Cancer Patient
- Mac Gaming News - Gameloft Brings Hero of Sparta to the iPhone
- Free on iTunes - Return to the Moon, JPL, Stranger Things And More
- Apple Claims 300 Million App Store Downloads, 10,000 Apps Available